ALTERNATIVE CHAMBER MUSIC FESTIVAL Sansusi.
Festival combines academic music with a rock festival ambiance in a bucolic environment. Everyone can enjoy and discover musical program in a laid-back setting without the posh ambience which is normally typical for academic music events. Music is joined by theatre, contemporary circus, dance, performance and installation art.
In year 2018 we had these exquisite artists participating Sansusi: Agete Burkina, Diana Syrse, Kārlis Krūmiņš, Platons Buravickis, Marina Mezzogiorno-Brown, Reinis Suhanovs, Marco Maghi Amato, Dāvis Enģelis, Martin Mutschler, Aivars Krastiņš, Thilo Ullrich, chorus, Rebekka Stange, Emmanuel Villsaint, Ritvars Garoza, Andrés Hernández Alba, Christian Wernicke, Evarts Melnalksnis, Jānis Kronis, Natalie Oleinik, Matīss Čudars, aliens, Samira Adgezalova, Kate Krolle, Wolfgang Sehringer, Kaspars Putniņš, Christina Pfrötschner, volunteers, Tillmann Reinbeck, Varis Klausītājs, Baiba Kurpniece and many others.
Contact Austra -> email@example.com.
Festival Sansusi takes place in Akniste municipality in the back yard of the former Suseja parish house and occupies portions of adjoining forest and harvest sites. The location is about 150 km from Riga, however in a couple of minutes after arrival be ready to smile and dance on air.
Sansusi opened its residency program in 2015 as a response to the lack of any residency space open for performing artists or academic musicians. Till now residency center has proved itself to be a great creative space for artists fostering interdisciplinary creations.
The residency space is in a rural area of Akniste district - of 3 000 population 150 km from the Capital city Riga. The residency space together with events organised by Sansusi are rare opportunity for local audiences to meet with contemporary creations in performing arts and music.
There are two halls available for musicians and rehearsals in early stage. The main working space is a globe with wooden constructions of 7 m height and 14 m diameter with full rigging possibilities, fine acoustics and very basic sound and light equipment.
Applicants for residency program will be selected based on the following criteria:
• Professional background in a performance art medium or music;
• Expressed vision for the project they would like to craft while at residency;
• Interest to work in the environment provided by Sansusi (circular stage or site specific works in the nature);
• Interest in creating to work and engage in collaboration with other art forms and artists (it does not necessarily mean that the final production has to be collaboration project, but the interdisciplinary and collaboration with other artists in residency need at least to included as a working method during the residency program);
• Willingness to work in a dynamic environment that encourages interaction with other Nordic and Baltic artists;
• Expressed interest in developing new processes when creating performance work;
• Engagement in audience development – artists have to be ready to work with local audience to familiarise it with contemporary art and their working process;
• Applicants that include artists from several fields wanting to work together in order to create interdisciplinary works will be prioritised.
For more information please contact us: firstname.lastname@example.org
Evening in Riga
Sansusi one evening mischief in Riga.
Happens in spring and autumn in Riga. One evening with academic music, dance, circus, poetry, bars, piano fights and a 20-minute disco.
“Evening in Riga VI” will take place in autumn.
We creating this place for the Sansusi branch for Riga concerts, performances and other forms of contemporary art.
We named it "You already know Where!" - Tallinas street 10.
phone: +371 2972 9188
Reģ. nr. 40008210649
Stropu iela 3, Spilve, Babītes pagasts, Babītes novads, LV-2101
konts: SWEDBANK: LV88HABA0551036625827